Shuntai Hill and Johnell Allen-Bey are the King and Queen of relationships. They are non-traditional in their approach to helping individuals and couples deal with the "Shit that really matters" to enhancing relationships.
Shuntai is a Nationally Certified Counselor specializing in relationship issues, phase of life changes, mental health disorders and sex therapy. Johnell is a life coach, mentor and an expert contributor on the subjects of incarceration and returning citizens.
Together, Shuntai & Johnell are quickly becoming nationally recognized for their relationship expertise. The duo is now offering special intensive 2-hour counseling sessions for couples interested in dealing with relationship issues.
The benefits you obtain from therapy depend on how well you use the process and put into practice what you learn. Some of the benefits available from couples therapy include:
- Attaining a better understanding of yourself, and your partner.
- Developing skills for improving your relationships
- Finding resolution to the issues or concerns that led you to seek therapy
- Learning new ways to cope with stressors in your relationship.
- Managing anger, grief, depression, and other emotional pressures
- Improving communications and listening skills
- Changing old behavior patterns and developing new ones
- Discovering new ways to solve problems in your marriage
Do I really need couples therapy? I can usually handle my problems.
Everyone goes through challenging situations in life, and while you may have successfully navigated through other difficulties you've faced, there's nothing wrong with seeking out extra support when you need it. In fact, therapy is for people who have enough self-awareness to realize they need a helping hand, and that is something to be admired. You are taking responsibility by accepting where you're at in life and making a commitment to change the situation by seeking therapy. Therapy provides long-lasting benefits and support, giving you the tools you need to avoid triggers, re-direct damaging patterns, and overcome whatever challenges you face.
We do not bill insurance companies for relationship-based counseling. We do not assign a psychiatric diagnosis to any relationship-based counseling. Therefore, any relationship-based counseling at Re-Connect My Life counseling is billed as private pay.